New Brunswick Medical Education Foundation Scholarship
The New Brunswick Education Foundation was established to encourage medical students to establish medical practice in New Brunswick following the completion of their studies.
The New Brunswick Medical Education Foundation has as its purpose the recruitment to New Brunswick of New Brunswick residents who have completed their degree in medicine.
The following Scholarships are available to students who have been accepted to an undergraduate medical program and are residents of New Brunswick. Deadline for all applications is May 31. Scholarships are for tuition only.
Only complete applications will be considered by the Grants Committee. To ensure your application package is complete, the following items are required:
- Applicant must be a New Brunswick resident
- Online application form
- Latest Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of acceptance or current enrolment in an Accredited Medical School
- Transcript of most recent academic record
- Photo (headshot)
- Letter of intent/motivation, which should include, but is not restricted to responses to the following:
- What attracted you to the New Brunswick Medical Education Foundation?
- Why do you want to practice in New Brunswick?
- What external pressures do medical students face (outside academics) that can be mitigated and how does our Foundation help?
- What will the New Brunswick Medical Education Foundation do to facilitate your medical studies?
We are receiving quite a few transcripts of marks from students, without corresponding data. Your applications are not complete until we receive ALL documentation. We have no way of contacting students to advise them of this situation with only their marks in our possession. As such, these students will not be eligible for submission to our Grants Committee.
Applicants who wish to re-apply for their scholarship, must complete the process and provide the same documentation EACH YEAR they wish to receive a scholarship.
PLEASE ENSURE ALL DOCUMENTATION IS SUBMITTED BY THE ABOVE DATE AND IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, TO CONTACT OUR OFFICE (506) 648-7073.
Please note: this is a summary of Foundation agreements and not necessarily inclusive. The Grants Committee have the discretion to match the applicant to the donor agreements. Students make one application.
Apply by Mail:
N.B. Medical Education Foundation Grants Committee
c/o New Brunswick Medical Education Foundation
PO Box 22061
Saint John, NB
All documents and official transcripts must be received by May 31.